***Active TS/SCI with Polygraph Required***
Red Arch Solutions is a proven and effective small business integrator and consultant, recognized as a leading provider of IT development to the Federal Government. We offer excellent benefits, including 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, up to 10% 401k contribution, and reimbursement for tuition/certifications. Top of the line PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered.
Red Arch is seeking highly motivated principal software engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Laurel, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This team supports a Research and Development group in the development of a prototype and operational hybrid system environment. A full stack developer with analytics development experience is desired for the ideal candidate who will be the interface between a data science team and full stack application development team.
The candidate designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. They conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. They determine computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. The candidate will ensure software standards are met.
• Ability to work well in an agile team environment with rapidly changing tasking and priorities.
• Experience in analytic development.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Software Configuration Mgmt (e.g. GIT)
• Docker/Kubernetes/Docker Swarm/Rancher
• Python/Perl/Other scripting languages
• Basic Linux system administration
• Apache Spark
The Principal Software Engineer shall have the following experience:
• At least fifteen (15) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required
• At least six (6) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX or Linux (Redhat versions 3-5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years
• Experience planning, accomplishing goals, complicated tasks, and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist
• Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, JSTD-016, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards
• At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing
• Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure
• Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
• Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products
• Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns
• Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services
• Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services
Red Arch Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status. Red Arch Solutions takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.