***Active TS/SCI Required***
Red Arch Solutions is a proven and effective small business integrator and consultant, recognized as a leading provider of IT development to the Federal Government, and primarily focused within the Intelligence Community. We offer excellent benefits, including 20 days PTO, 10 holidays, up to 10% 401k contribution, and reimbursement for tuition/certifications. Top of the line PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, and Short and Long-Term disability are also offered.
We are an official AWS Partner, and are pleased to now offer Cloud Solutions Architecture and Engineering using Amazon Web Services.
Red Arch Solutions is seeking a Senior Windows Systems Administrator to support our mission at Patrick Air Force Base near Melbourne, Florida.
System Administration personnel perform the following functions:
- Perform Microsoft Server 2008/2012 installations and creation of Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Perform server/database patching and bug fixes via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Monitor, plan and coordinate the distribution of client server software and service packs via scheduled outages
- Perform administrative tasks in Active Directory and Directory Resource Administrator (DRA) such as creating user accounts, adding users to security groups, adding workstations and servers to Organization Units (OUs), creating distribution groups and creation of OUs
- Carry out maintenance and configuration of New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions Access Control List (ACLs), share permissions and verification on file server shares
- Execute system backups and verification of data integrity with Networker Client and XenServer snapshots. In addition, schedule and perform various areas of data restoral access across all networks
- Perform data migrations (e.g. using tools such as robocopy). Provide support to all server and data migrations
- Perform print server management by configuring 32 and 64-bit printer drives for queue creation, Management Frame Protection (MFP) settings for emailing and scanning, port configuration, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) reservations
- Perform Console management – observation and monitoring of components and services using metrics/analysis of event logs (e.g. with tools such as Resource Manager/Task Manager
- Manage job scheduling/automation – management of routine jobs and basic knowledge of scripting. Perform audit logs of all systems via log puller script and verification to ensure logs are pulling correctly
- Manage and maintain Patch Management software such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Perform troubleshooting with upstream servers and/or site management aspects of boundaries, component configuration, Structured Query Language (SQL) tasks, and health of site status for Distribution Points and Management Points.
- Execute tasks with print, anti-virus, file and application servers; migrate printers to new print server; configure Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) policies, client and version upgrades; setup/configure file shares in a failover cluster, and modify ACL structure; configure application dependencies such as Internet Information Services (IIS), .NET Framework, etc. for certain application servers
- Design, implement, and perform Active Directory Organization Units structure, Security Group structure (group nesting), delegate control of OUs, raise domain functional level, run Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) queries and command-line tools dsquery, dsget and dsmod
- Perform Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services and Citrix tasks such as adding roles in Windows Server 2008, configure ACLs, add required Group policy changes, obtain self-signed Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, and configure components for RemoteApp Manager access, monitoring sessions, applying Citrix licensing settings, publishing applications, and control application incidents not relating to user’s profiles
- Execute Domain Controller administration and maintenance to include identifying and transferring Flexible Single Master Operation (FSMO) roles and use Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) for attribute changes, ensure the proper assignment and configuration of operations master roles, perform regular backups of the directory database, manage domain and domain controller security policies, and set application-specific attributes for Active Directory-enabled and –integrated applications such as Microsoft Exchange
- Carry out XenServer 6.0 administration including Pool software version upgrades or patches, maintenance mode for VM upgrades
- Perform complex Windows based issue resolution, correlation and root cause analysis on recurring issues and analytics for trend analysis
- Perform Windows proactive space and growth management
- Evaluate Windows based vendor submissions for compliance with customer’s specifications on technical solutions
- Document all complex procedures and installations of new Windows based products. Function as SME and trainer to helpdesk and desktop support technicians for troubleshooting and restoral activities
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory for authentication
- Manipulate and edit files, directories, and links from both command line and graphical interface
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, and access control lists to include network file systems
- Interface with cross-functional teams and developers to support and resolve technical problems